Sunday, May 15, 2011

random thought second edition : WHY I LOVE ASIAN DRAMA SERIES

          It all started when Meteor Garden debuted the Philippine television last 2003 when I became so engrossed with Taiwan’s F4, especially Yan Cheng Xu and Zhou Yu Min, that posters and magazines were sold like hotcakes to me. (even the wall in my room was covered with Meteor Garden's posters ^_^)

Meteor Garden

          Then, Princess Hours, Lovers in Paris and It Started with a Kiss were aired on ABS-CBN which also turned me upside down. 

 Princess Hours

 Lovers in Paris

It Started With a Kiss

          What made these drama series appealed to me more than our local tv series is that these dramas featured LESS VIOLENCE, LESS CONFLICTS and LESS CHARACTERS which made the plot LESS COMPLICATED ... These dramas SELDOM show knives or guns and super arrogant characters who do not know anything but to to punch anybody impulsively...

          AND ... unlike Philippine Drama Series which take over one year on air, these dramas only have 16 episodes (more or less, depending on the theme :D)

          It's not that I don't support our own television program industry, it's just that, I hope in the future, we will have more shows featuring what's best in our country and people, less complications, less violence, less antagonists, less hostage drama and blood... These programs reflect what our country is and these are aired in other countries as well. Is this really the image we want to build?

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for dropping by :)